Phone: (269) 657-2410
Fax:    (269) 657-6544

181 W. Michigan Ave., Suite 4
Paw Paw michigan 49079
Information you should have with you when applying for assistance:
Photo ID for person registering for assistance
(i.e. name of person on utilities bill, mortgage or lease)

Social Security Card for person registering for assistance
Social Security Numbers for all family members living with you

Proof of Income for 4 weeks in a row of the last 60 days, for everyone living in the household
(pay check stubs, current SSI, Social Security, or Disability letter, etc...) 

Current Bill that you need help with (heat/electric bill and/or shut-off notice, rent/mortgage bill or eviction notice).

  For Refillable Fuel, a bill is not needed, but you will need name/number/address of your supplier.

Rent or Mortgage payment verification (Lease or Mortgage Papers)
Allegan County Community Mental Health
Community Services Building
3283 122nd Ave. --  Allegan, MI 49010
269-673-6617 or 1-800-795-6617

Community Action Agency

Van Buren County Housing Resource Specialist
Deborah Kupres:  269-330-4556

Department of Human Services (DHS)

Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
57150 CR 681 -- Hartford, MI 49057
(269)  621-2800
Offers programs that assist with housing and rent costs. Some utilities.

Empower / True North
(can download application)
(231)  355-5880
Seasonal Emergency Utilities Assistance.
Includes Refillable Fuel (propane, coal, fuel oil, wood, etc...)
Accepts applications even if household has no income.

Habitat for Humanity-Van Buren County
56633 -- M-43 Highway, Bangor MI  49013
(269) 302-0211
Provides decent, affordable homes to low-income families
and utilizes “sweat equity” and no-interest mortgages.

(269) 302-0130
Sells donated building materials, appliances, furniture, housewares at discounted prices. Proceeds help fund Habitat projects.

HUD - Foreclosure Assistance
Department of Housing & Urban Development homeowner assistance.

Housing Search Assistance
Search for apartments by location, rent, size, ADA accessibility.

Journey Family Church
651 North State
Gobles, MI 49055
(269) 628-2288
furniture \ appliances

Southwest MI Community Action Agency (SMCAA)
185 E. Main Street, Suite 200 -- Benton Harbor, MI  49022
57150 CR 681 - Hartford MI  49057
(269) 925-9077
As funding permits, home weatherization and repairs, housing.

The Salvation Army
(269) 927-0402
Emergency Utilities Assistance.

Rural Development Service Center
1035 East Michigan Ave  
Paw Paw, MI 4907
(269) 657-7055
Low interest loans for mortgages and home repair for rural homeowners.

United Way
Van Buren County